Comment - Miscellaneous
Brighton & Hove by David Flint.
Council leader Jason Kitcat
that three-quarters of the 100 manifesto commitments had been achieved or were on track.
He continued: "Being tested in government is tough. But this is only the start of what we need to do".
- B&H has been judged the least car-dependent UK city outside London.
- B&H is the world's first One Planet city.
- No-one is paid less than the Living Wage and the pay gap has been reduced to 10:1.
- Irrational pay differences between men and women have been eliminated.
- The economy has performed better than the national average. There were one million visitors in July
and most came by public transport.
- The Council has protected services and maintained funding to the third sector.
- GCSE results are up - even though the national average went down.
First published in the EGP members newsletter, October 2013
Published and promoted
by Bill Linton for Enfield Green Party, both at 39A Fox Lane, London N13