The Southgate Community Initiative
Councillors working together to make Southgate cleaner, safer and greener
At the suggestion of Green councillor Charith Gunawardena, the three people elected to represent Southgate ward have come together to launch the cross-party Southgate Community Initiative, aimed at making Southgate cleaner, safer and greener.
What it's all about
- Southgate ward is a great place to live, work and visit, with the Southgate Circus Conservation Area at its heart. The jewel at its core is the grade II* listed 1930s underground station and transport interchange with matching shopping parade. But it could be better still!
- Southgate is fortunate to have many organisations, communities and individual residents who are enthusiastic about improving the quality of life. The Community Initiative will help bring them together so they can achieve even more.
How can we work together?
- People and businesses have suffered because of the Covid-19 crisis - let's pull together to help them recover.
- To improve people's lives we need more resources - people and money. Let's put our voices together to call for more.
- In the short term we want to identify some local initiatives - quick wins - that we can start on straight away.
- In the longer term we want to develop a community-led vision for Southgate.
Three councillors working together can achieve so much more.
Contact any of us to find out more and let us know how you can help.